Feel free to look into my window

Everyone has windows, some are open and some are closed. I decided to open a window of my life so that you can come in and see what I am thinking, doing, feeling. Please take some time to see what is going on and comment if you feel the need.

Monday, January 6, 2014

P90X3 Journey

The P90X3 Review as I do...

You have heard of P90X and the creator, Tony Horton, well his new P90X3 is out and I started the program.  Follow along with me as I give you my impression of the workouts and motivation that gets me through the next 90 days.  I will share my fitness journey, progress, opinions and answer any questions you may have about P90X3.


WP Greet Box iconThanks for visiting! Make sure to sign up for a FREE Team Beachbody Account to get support, to help keep you motivated, and to gain access to free tools to keep you on track with your fitness & health goals!
 
 

My opinion

Just my opinion
That's right I am a Beachbody Coach, but that does not mean I am going to hold back my opinion of the program...you get what you put into it and you should understand what I put in and what I get out.  I have a full time job, wife, two teenage daughters, a dog and a Guinea pig, so I understand the time it takes to get fit and healthy.
 

 

 

 

What about Nutrition?

P90X3 came with a nutrition guide.  Love it, because it does not have you counting calories, it has you counting food.  What, the what?  He is calling it "Intuitive Eating" eat good food , drink water, cut the junk and listen to your body.  Now that doesn't mean to go crazy and eat everything just eat what you need to in order to keep your energy up and going.  Supplements are also mentions, I love me some Shakeology, I did a blog about that already...click here...and I am using that as a mid morning or breakfast meal.  I am also taking the Energy and Endurance Pre-Workout Formula (a.k.a. E&E) because of the early morning workout, I need a jump start. 

 

Why P90X3 and When

Need to make the time
 
 
I looked a the program a lot and chose it because I enjoyed doing P90X, back when it was new. So the idea of shortening those hour long workouts into 30 minutes to fit my schedule was awesome!  I just needed to find the time, mornings I think will workout great, up at 6:20 am to get the kids moving and lunches prepared, get them off to school and it will allow me the chance to get in a 30 min workout, shower and off to start my work day.  I find if I don't do it first thing it gets pushed off, so starting it first thing is rockin!

 

Week 1 Day 1 The Synergistic Workout

Today was the Total Synergistic workout, a total body exercise program.  We did Pull-ups, planks, ab work, bicep work, core, legs, OMG we hit it all in 30 Minutes, with a 1 minute 45 second cool down.  We needed dumbbells or bands, a pull-up bar (bands with a door attachment could have worked too), and a soft surface to land on when plyo working.  Overall the time went fast, super fast, it was great.  Looking and seeing the time pass was great, you can do anything for a minute right?  I did find a couple exercises needed some work to get down, but its day 1, uno, first, the beginning, of course I cannot be expected to do it all on the first day!  But it is possible, just needed a break during some ab work and coordination to get the side rise punch down.  Side rise punch, think side plank with a dumbbell to reach up and over.  When I look back at the Half-Hour, I may bot have brought it all, I reserved, it was the first time, but I wrote it down and I will increase and bring it harder next time!
 
Questions, comments are welcome.....let me help you, my time and advice is FREE.  I love to share my knowledge as long as you share your success and allow me to be proud of your accomplishments too!
 

Steve Szeszko
Your Beachbody Coach
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment