Feel free to look into my window

Everyone has windows, some are open and some are closed. I decided to open a window of my life so that you can come in and see what I am thinking, doing, feeling. Please take some time to see what is going on and comment if you feel the need.

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Travel Workouts

Travel Workouts - Its Vacation, No Time For Exercise

So you are traveling and you think there is no time to get that workout in, but there is!  I am traveling right now (as I right this, not actually right now...maybe) and not missed a beat in my workouts.  Let me show you how you can get in the time and why you should get in the time.


WP Greet Box iconThanks for visiting! Make sure to sign up for a FREE Team Beachbody Account to get support, to help keep you motivated, and to gain access to free tools to keep you on track with your fitness & health goals!

The Excuses - There are so many reasons not too

So there is not time, family gets in the way, its vacation, no clothes, its hot, its cold, etc., etc., etc..  There are so many excuses out there why you shouldn't exercise that we really do start to believe them.  Pretty soon, beofre you know it you will too.  But it is really fairly easy to get htose excuses gone and workouts on!

Get the Workouts On with a Push of the Button!

Travel WorkoutsPacking a couple extra clothes is not that big of a deal, after all most people overpack anyway, so just take out that pair of jeans and 3 shirts and toss in shorts and a pair of shoes.  You can find the DVD player in the hotel room or plu in the laptop, we travel with technology all the time.  Not only does Beachbody have programs for you, but they also modify them for those that need a travel workout too, if you are into the programs like P90X, Insanity, etc.

 The Websites - The Web Has that Too?!?!

Many running sites provide you the ability to search out running groups and local running areas so you can get your daily jog on.  Runner's World and Map my Run are two examples of where you can go to find local areas and routes others have pounded the pavement on before you.  Also, cheap plug here, Nike+ offers you the ability to search other peoples favorites spots.  Not only that but you can log into that route and kick it into gear, beat their time/pace and brag abouit it, motivating them to do better next time and paying it forward in fitness.  Check out the Nike Watch blog I did already for some good information, you can wear the watch and save the packing space...travel workout on the go!

The Reason

Why should you go through this trouble of researching and working out?  After all my wife thinks I am insane because along with mapping my driving route, I also look for area parks and trails to run on, if I have been there longer than a few days I can tell you were to run and were not to run.  Just yesterday, my yesterday may not be your reading this yeasterday, I wanted to go out for a run.  I am in the Selma, Texas area and know of no place, so I quickly Googled my location on the Google Maps and found a nice little park with a half mile loop running trail.  Normally I prefer a linear trail as running in circles just gets in my head, but it was getting late and if I wanted to eat at a good hour I needed to hit the park.  It was a good run and I learned alot from the quick search.  Today I wanted a little something different, so I looked for a circuit routine, went to a local gym to find they had a program that was just what I wanted....FREE (bonus!).  Local gyms and running clubs will tell you what you want to know, along with local running stores.  Not shoe stores, running stores...there is a difference.  Luke's Locker, anything with Running Company in the title, and if it looks like it is locally owned you arein the right place.  Footlocker, Outlets, etc are not going to know, just because they sell shoes does not make them experts. Sometimes a quick email to a local running group letting them know you are going to be in the area and want to get in a travel workout will be the door you need for them to invite you along.

Get Your Day Going and Wake The Family

Getting up early and running will not just get your day started sooner and make your vacation last longer, it will also give you that boost of energy to keep the day alive.  But what about the fam?  Well you can let them sleep and hit the 30 min run or video or you can get them up and make it a family time, after all isn't that why you are vacationing, to spend time together?  Take the kids to the park, let them play and run around the park, you can see them and get your run in too.  There are plenty of pockets of time for you to get your Travel Workout into your schedule.


Travel Workout
What the What..P90X on the go?


There's an App For That

There are Apps out the butt out there, there is even a P90X App that you can get to do you workout on the go, in the gym, etc.  Running Apps to allow you to get your milage in and not worry about driving the distance first, stop with the excuses already!  Just get you Travel Workout in and stop the madness!

Nutrition

While there is time to eat and choices are limited sometimes, try to find an alternative to fast food.  Look for those sandwhich shops and pick off the good for you food menu.  Not there, ask!  Most places will be able to steam vegies for you and make a healthy option.  Don't forget about breakfast too, stop by a grocery store and get some fruit or take your Shakeology and save you cash.  Travel workouts are about what you eat too!

Let me know what you think, what so you do to get your travel workout in?  Post away folks, I love the feedback!


Steve Szeszko
Your Beachbody Coach


No comments:

Post a Comment