Feel free to look into my window

Everyone has windows, some are open and some are closed. I decided to open a window of my life so that you can come in and see what I am thinking, doing, feeling. Please take some time to see what is going on and comment if you feel the need.

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Nike Watch

Nike Watch -You Gotta Know This!

Nike watch
Here is the topic of discussion
I get a chance to rant about things, after all this is my blog...right?!?  If you don't know me, I took up running, rather peer pressured into running, about 12 years ago and have run  numerous races.  I have run everything from 5k's to Half Marathons, to Full marathons, even ran a 11K, didn't know they had that huh?  It was 11.11.11, go figure a 11K race on that day!  I have run solo, with running clubs and even with Team in Training, to raise money for blood cancer cures.  So I figure I can talk about something here when it comes to running products.  So here is the good, the bad, and the ugly on the Nike Watch with GPS.


Thanks for visiting! Make sure to sign up for a FREE Team Beachbody Account to get support, to help keep you motivated, and to gain access to free tools to keep you on track with your fitness & health goals!

The Good

It looks like a watch, even though it has GPS!  We have all seen those runners out there with monstrosities on their wrists.  They just look like weights, so heavy and bulky.  This is a sleek design that is sporty and gives you the ability to wear it even when you are not working out.   The GPS is great and reads the satelights in order to determine your location.  Working with the maps it finds your trails, parks roads, everything for an accurate distance on your run.  This Nike watch with GPS is a great feature

It has everything built in and if it doesn't then Nike watch tech guys are looking to put it into the watch.  When I purchased the watch I liked the built in USB in the band, it was nice to know you didn't need to have something insert into the awatch, after all we do run in the rain sometimes.  Trust me Oklahoma City Marathon 2011 was a wet and wild ride!  When I purchased the watch it did not have the stopwatch feature, but after a few e-mails and Facebook messages those Nike watch techs got an update and bam...stopwatch feature! 


Slap technology!  I thought that I would never use this, but it is great when running laps.  you don't need to look at the watch and hope you see what the time is, you just slap it (literally) and it counts that lap for you and gives you the split.  There is also an automatic lap count feature, but lets celebrate the completion of the lap why don't we!

The Bad

There is never all good, we need to give a bad area of the Nike watch too, right?  The bad is probably the connector posts and the ability for them the break off.  Now I have had my watch for a good long time, I was an original buyer, and one of the posts just broke off.  The watch is still good and the Nike people told me I could mail it in for free repair or go to a Nike Outlet and get a replacement Nike watch.

The Ugly

The ugly is the color.  Right now you get the Nike watch in black with green highlights and that is it.  Where is our individuality Nike?  Why green and black, how about orange? Yellow?  Blue?  Red? I could go through the whole crayola box if I wanted, but you get the point.  I still think green is cool and the look is good, but I had to have an ugly to keep with the Clint Eastwood theme.




Wrap up this Puppy!


So overall the Nike watch is THE best thing I have purchased for running in a long time.  I like the GPS, I like that the sensors works still in the shoe for those treadmill days and I  like that I can update still on the Nike running website to keep a tally of my runs and goals.  That has some motivation and keep you going and going.

Steve Szeszko
Your Beachbody Coach

No comments:

Post a Comment