Feel free to look into my window

Everyone has windows, some are open and some are closed. I decided to open a window of my life so that you can come in and see what I am thinking, doing, feeling. Please take some time to see what is going on and comment if you feel the need.

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Week 1 Day 3 --- Yoga

P90X3 Journey Continues...


Today is the third day of my P90X3 journey, come see the review of Yoga and what I thought about running after the workout was completed. 

Week 1 Day 3 --- Yoga


P90X Yoga
Here is what you need today

Let me just say, I really DISLIKE yoga....I don't use the word hate but I really, really dislike yoga.  P90X had yoga in it and it was 93 minutes of pure torture, so I thought 30 minutes would be so much better, its not.  Other may love yoga, but it is not for me.  I am not that flexible, I cant grab my toe and extend my leg out, so maybe that is my problem with yoga, who knows.  As the time goes on maybe I will come to enjoy it more, but I didn't today.  I did however enjoy the stretch of the muscles I was tight for some reason today, more than normal.

Stretching

I love stretching, ballistic stretching or static stretching, I always feel so much better after a good stretch of the muscles.  Being a runner, I love to thank my muscles for the work by getting a good stretch in afterwards, and this workout did allow for the stretch to pay back the hard work from the last couple days.  What is the difference in the two:

Kermit stretching
Ballistic stretching is a form of passive stretching or dynamic stretching in a bouncing motion. Ballistic stretches force the limb into an extended range of motion when the muscle has not relaxed enough to enter it. It involves fast "bouncing" movements where a double bounce is performed at the end range of movement. Ballistic stretching should only be used by athletes who know their own limitations and with supervision by their trainer.

Static stretching is used to stretch muscles while the body is at rest. It is composed of various techniques that gradually lengthen a muscle to an elongated position (to the point of discomfort) and hold that position for 30 seconds to two minutes. 30 seconds is the minimum duration to get the benefits of stretching, whereas two minutes is the maximum (if a position can be held for more than two minutes, a farther stretch should be performed). During this holding period or directly afterwards, participants may feel a mild discomfort or warm sensation in the muscles. Static stretching exercises involve specialized tension receptors in our muscles. When done properly[citation needed], static stretching slightly lessens the sensitivity of tension receptors, which allows the muscle to relax and to be stretched to greater length.

Doubled My Workout Today

I was worried about not having the energy to run while doing P90X3, not the case I definitely will be able to toss in a few miles in the afternoon.  I got out there today and really enjoyed the time, I was able to think about the workout and listen to my body more, I can feel the fast twitch muscles getting stronger and I probably had one of my better runs in a while tonight.  No problems here and it will help increase the weight loss I am looking for too. Just had a little shot of that E&E prior to going out to give me that energy and confidence to get my butt in gear.


WP Greet Box iconThanks for visiting! Make sure to sign up for a FREE Team Beachbody Account to get support, to help keep you motivated, and to gain access to free tools to keep you on track with your fitness & health goals!



Steve Szeszko
Your Beachbody Coach


No comments:

Post a Comment