Feel free to look into my window

Everyone has windows, some are open and some are closed. I decided to open a window of my life so that you can come in and see what I am thinking, doing, feeling. Please take some time to see what is going on and comment if you feel the need.

Monday, January 13, 2014

P90X3 Journey Week 2 Day 1

P90X3 Journey Week 2 Day 1

Today brought about some highs and lows, who am I kidding it was all good today.  The return of Synergistic workout, results from week 1 and what I learned about rest and recovery.





Synergistic Part 2

Alright this week is the same workouts as last week, same order, same results...errr....no they are not!  Today I pulled out my trusty worksheet, which is free to download when you get your Beachbody membership, and knew exactly how I did last Monday.  I knew the weight to use and the reps I did, I knew if it was too light or too heavy, if it was easy or hard and I was able to adjust the workout.  It was awesome!  I was not only able to complete the workout, I was able to increase and challenge myself to do even more, I can definitely tell these workouts are working.

Week 1 Results

Something I learned from T25 workout is that Saturday is now call STATurday, a day to look at the gains and losses from the weeks work.  This week I was able to not only feel better, healthier and see that the clothes are a bit less, how do you say, snug.  I was able to see that 4 pounds were off, and an inch was taken off the waist line.  A few more along the hips and chest, not to mention an inch put onto the arms.  So what this tells me is that I am doing well, sweat is a good thing and the work is paying off.  I have to admit diet is struggling and could use some help so that I see the results I want faster, but baby steps. My goal is to drop 25 pounds these 90 days, so I am on track!

Rest and Recovery

P90X3 RestSo Sunday is a rest day or you can do another workout, I opted to rest and let the sore muscles release.  Then my oldest asked to go to the gym and run on the treadmill.  I figured I would take her and maybe walk or ride the bike, but my Nike+ watch asked me were I had been and my running app told me I was only a few short miles from reaching a milestone of 2,500 total miles.  So I ran and I felt great!  No soreness, no weakness, no I wish I didn't do this right now it was all good.

Now rest days do work and are important.  You do not grow in the gym you grow in the bed, I mean when you sleep.  You need to get at least 7 hours of sleep a night to allow your body to recover from the stress and strain you put it through, especially when lifting weights.  You are actually tearing the muscles and then while you sleep the muscle fills in the gaps from your nutrition and grows. Which is why I enjoy my Shakeology as a recovery meal. So take the time to listen to your body and remember to take it easy once and a while!


Steve Szeszko
Your Beachbody Coach

No comments:

Post a Comment